Central FSSAI License
FSSAI has the potential to be a leading agency that promotes public health by enforcing necessary food safety regulations. Its ultimate goal is to develop various recommendations and standards to encourage food safety awareness in India. In addition, this organization keeps a close eye on all parties involved in the food supply chain, from manufacturing to distribution. Consumer awareness is something that the FSSAI is highly concerned about. As a result, it frequently launches new campaigns to educate the public about poor and low-quality goods. In accordance with the Food Safety and Standard Act of 2006, the FSSAI develops food safety standards and other guidelines.
Who requires an FSSAI Central License and what does it entail?
FSSAI Central License is legal permission provided by FSSAI to food establishments that have:
- A turnover of more than Rs 20 crores each annum,
- Or Various units in various states of operation or;
- Production that exceeds the statutory threshold level on a monthly or annual basis,
Apart From These Essential Requirements, The FSSAI Central License Also Includes:
- Dairy plants that produce 50000 liters of milk solid each year, or 2500 megatons
- Vegetable oil processing facilities with a daily production volume of 2 MT
- Slaughterhouse with the following daily capacity:
- 50 large animals
- 150 little animals
- A flock of 1000 chickens
- Meat processing plant with a daily capacity of 50 kg (150 megatons)
- A food processing plant with a daily production capacity of 2 megatons
- Food companies export food products to other countries
- A refrigerator or cold storage facility with a storage capacity of 1000 megatons or more is available.
- Food wholesalers have a yearly turnover of more than Rs 30 crore.
- Food retailers and distributors with an annual turnover of more than Rs 20 crores
- Catering service or food marketing firm with a yearly turnover of more than Rs 20 crores
- Catering services for government entities are available.
- Food catering services are available in government-run enterprises such as seaports and airports.
FSSAI Central License Benefits
- Improves Business Credibility Over Time
- Allows companies to develop a broad consumer base.
- Provides a competitive edge by rendering unregistered entities inoperable.
- Possibilities for business expansion and growth are created.
Obtaining A Central FSSAI License Necessitates The Submission Of The Following Documents:
The following is a list of essential documents that must be submitted when filing an application for a central FSSAI license.
- Form B. (duly filled and signed by the applicant)
- Floor map of a manufacturing or processing facility, highlighting major areas and providing precise measurements.
- If the applicant is looking to register a business, they must provide a complete list of key management personnel, including their names and proof of residency.
- It is necessary to have a copy of the MOA, AOA, and COI ( if the license seeker is a private limited company, OPC, and Public limited company)
- A comprehensive list of partners, including their names, contact information, and address, as well as a copy of the partnership agreement (In case the license seeker is a partnership firm).
- Members of a co-operative society who are currently serving on the board of directors (In case the license seeker is a co-operative society).
- A copy of the trust deed, as well as the trustees’ list ( if case the license seeker is a registered trust).
- Food Safety Management Plan (FSMS) or similar protocol is in place.
- Utility bills (electricity bill, rent agreement, register) of the business location for address evidence List of active raw material suppliers.
- Name and list of machinery at the plant.
- The competent local authorities have issued a certificate of no objection.
- The Ministry of Tourism has issued a tourism certificate (if the license seeker is a hotel owner).
- The DGFT (Directorate General of Foreign Trade) has issued an IEC certificate (if the license seeker intended to ship food articles abroad).
Step-by-Step Procedure for Obtaining a Central FSSAI License.
- Step 1: Complete Form B and submit it to the FSSAI.
The license seeker must first submit Form B to the licensing authorities. The candidate must keep basic turnover requirements in mind while doing so.
- Step 2: FSSAI officers examine the applicants.
The application, along with the relevant papers, will be forwarded to the appropriate personnel for review.
- Step 3: A FSSAI official inspects the company location on-site.
The FSSAI will send designated officials to the firm to determine the level of compliance that the FSSAI recommends.
- Step 4: The application is approved, and the application is granted.
The certificate would be sent to the license applicant a few days after the licensing body approved the application. After receiving the certification, the business owner can go full throttle with their operations. Any non-compliance in this area could result in the application being canceled.
Akshat is a third year law student , with a core interest in Corporate Laws . Passionate about learning different skills and his favorite guilty pleasure is Binge-watching web series .